Best drawing tablet review – Wacom Bamboo Create Pen and touch Tablet – one of the best tablets for beginners
The Wacom Bamboo Create Pen and Touch Tablet is a very good entry level drawing tablet for two key reasons. It draws superbly and the price is reasonable. It is also not overcomplicated and can be used on a PC or Mac and is recognised as a great drawing tablet for beginners.
The tablet has the natural feel of pen on paper and allows you create your own drawings, sketches and paintings directly onto the computer.
- Multi-touch gestures to scroll, zoom, rotate and other controls.
- Free downloadable software – including Photoshop Elements and AutoDesk Sketchbook Express. Once the tablet is registered online using the installation CD there is access to the free software at download.wacom.com.
- Active area 8.5” x 5.3” (this is the area on the unit that is sensitized to your pen movement) and the overall size of the unit is approx. 12” x 8”
- Weight approx. 1.5lbs
- The boxed unit contains the tablet, pressure sensitive pen which has two built in programmable buttons and eraser. There are 3 interchangeable nibs and a simple to use nib removal tool.
- A USB connector links the tablet to the computer however it is relatively short (there is a wifi attachment available as an upgrade which is advisable due to the short length of USB cable).
- Installation CD provides click through access to the online free graphics software.
- The unit has an attached pen holder on one side to ‘house’ the pen when not in use.
- 1024 levels of pen pressure so that it draws realistically as you move and apply a variety of pressure to the pen..
- The pen has a ‘hover over’ feature so that you can see where the nib will be on screen before it makes contact with the surface to allow accuracy.
- There are programmable buttons on the left hand side of the unit which are easy to use and program to your requirements.
- The tablet’s multi-touch surface assists you to get hands on with your illustration by using simple gestures to scroll, zoom, rotate, or flip through files and images.
- The tablet has four Express Keys which are customizable for custom functions to suit the way that you work so you can personalize your tablet and create effective shortcuts to fit the way you work.
- This slim, reversible tablet is made for both right and left-handed users.
- The surface of the tablet is supposed to emulate drawing on paper. It has a slight texture to the surface which is not exactly like drawing on paper but never the less has a very good feel and gives a good drawing experience.
Why would you want to purchase this tablet when you may already have software on your computer? Drawing with a mouse is not a good experience and there is no pressure sensitivity – it’s either on or off. With the Wacom Bamboo Create Pen and Touch Tablet the pen acts like a real pen/pencil to provide realistic drawings which can be as good as the artist behind the pen!. The tablet is one of the best drawing tablets for beginners up to expert level and is reasonably priced at well under $200/£150 for someone starting out.